If you need help issues and need some tech help
Would a how to video be better? Click this link and there are multiple how to videos for parents in English, Vietnamese, or Spanish!
Helping your kids focus during distance learning.
Now that we are learning at home, parents have the task of supporting students in focusing and connecting to their learning.
- Breaks: breaks are important for the students, especially the younger they are.
- Movement breaks, a quick stretch and twist of the body, some jumping jacks, just stand up a couple times, cross body stretches to reconnect the brain
- Restroom breaks
- Snack break
- Rest: make sure students get enough sleep at night 8-10 hours
- Breakfast: a good breakfast with protein helps us focus and keeps our mind alert
- Play: make sure the student gets time to play and move around during the day
- Routine: Make a consistent routine
- Get up at the same time, go to bed at the same time
- Set up a learning area where they go to to do their learning
- Have materials ready to go for the day